In October 2019, the AT&T Cybersecurity Insights Report in the US suggested that businesses aren’t yet ready for 5G. While nearly all of the 704 respondents expected to make 5G-related security changes within the next five years, only 16 percent had started preparing.
Positive Technologies, a global cyber security company, headquartered in Europe focuses on emerging telecoms technologies such as 5G and IoT, is hoping to address this problem with a free webinar, now available for pre-registration, which will educate businesses about the security considerations of 5G technology. The event will take place on Jun 25th, at 11:00am (GMT), and will cover the following topics:
- Explain new 5G trust and service delivery models
- Assess the evolving 5G threat landscape and privacy issues
- Explore realms of 5G protection with a focus on real-life cases
- Discuss new and emerging 5G threats affecting telecom infrastructure and end devices
- Explain why roaming protection in 5G is a game-changer
- Underline essential mitigation techniques for 5G security
Experts in security
Positive Technologies experts have pioneered research into telecom security, producing multiple research reports. The company was the first to discover the security issues associated with SS7 back in 2014 (opens in new tab), showing how such flaws could be exploited for everything from remotely intercepting phone calls (opens in new tab) to bypassing 2FA for access to social media profiles.
And in the past 12 months Positive Technologies has contributed a number of security related articles to 5GRadar, including an infrastructure overview from the company’s CTO, Dmitry Kurbatov, looking at the risks of using previous generation networks, such as SS7, for 5G. Kurbatov has also written about the need for executives to educate themselves about the potential cyber security threats surrounding 5G.
The upcoming webinar will be delivered on behalf of Positive Technologies by 5G security experts Paolo Emiliani, Head of Pre-Sales Engineering team, and Jun Kim, Managing Director, Korea.
The event will take place on Jun 25th, at 11:00am (GMT), and you can register to attend here.
- Discover the best 5G networks in the UK and US
- Get your hands on the hottest 5G phones
- Millimeter wave: the secret sauce behind 5G
- The complete guide to 5G security
- We reveal the latest 5G use cases
- Discover the truth behind 5G dangers
- 5G towers: everything you need to know