5G technology is still in the hype cycle, and, as such, it can be difficult to demonstrate use cases for ultra-fast, low latency mobile connections. It’s with this in mind that Three UK is hoping to raise awareness around its Three 5G capabilities with an innovative hologram advert, which will be showcased on London’s South Bank.
Holographic 5G event
What: Three’s holographic 5G ad
When: 19:30-22:00 on Thurs 26-Sat 28 September
Where: Observation Point, South Bank, SE1 9PP
Nearest tube: Blackfriars Station
The holographic 5G event - a world first, according to Three UK - will be a live house installation on London’s South Bank, showcasing the future of music, gaming and e-sports - all made possible by 5G broadband. The event will combine 3D video content and holographic projection, and will feature internet superstars - including Raye, Vikkstar, and football freestylers Liv Cooke and Andrew Henderson showcase 5G with stunningly quick footwork to signify limitless downloading speeds.
Three UK is unveiling this world first holographic 5G advert at a live event in London on 26-28 September, to celebrate the launch of its high speed 5G Broadband service in London and beyond (opens in new tab). The advert has been produced in collaboration with London music star Raye and other internet celebs.
- All you need to know about 5G internet, and whether it'll replace cable
- Get the latest investment updates with our 5G stocks news
- We reveal how 5G technology works, and is set to transform the planet
- Experts are already looking to 2030, and here's what to expect from 6G
- Discover how 5G and Wi-Fi 6 will transform networking